Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. If you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission.
I’ve had a love of cooking for as long as I can remember. I think it started when my mom threw Pampered Chef parties in our house and I was enchanted by the gadgets they’d promote during the cooking demos.
Fast forward to a few years ago to my folks downsizing our childhood home to retire in San Diego. As part of the move, I inherited a collection of Le Creuset cookware, which in my eyes became the gold standard for use in the kitchen. And so when my friend mentioned she was hearing buzz about Our Place, the instagram famous and mission-driven kitchenware company that celebs and influencers love, my first thought was skepticism.
Worth the Buzz
How could this new upstart compete with Le Creuset’s nearly 100 years of french culinary prestige? The tide of good press Our Place had gotten -- from the likes of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, Goop’s Gift Guide and Vogue -- tipped me over the edge from curiosity to action. I decided to humor my friend and give Our Place’s Always Pan a spin in my home kitchen and I can honestly say the product lives up the hype.
All-in-One Stovetop System
The Always Pan is a multi-functional patent-pending stovetop system designed to replace the clutter of a 16-piece cookware set with one innovative design that does it all. The Always Pan promises to be your new sauté pan, skillet, saucepan, steamer, saucier, non-stick pan, chili pot, and fryer, all-in-one. In all honesty, Our Place delivered on multiple levels -- reflecting a brand that spoke to my elevated sense of style while also delivering chef-like quality and functionality.
Versatility = Value
At $145, it's a fraction of the price of some of the luxury tier cookware on the market, especially when you factor in its versatility. I’ve used it for everything -- sautéing, frying, steaming, boiling and I swear it does it all flawlessly. My favorite feature is the steamer basket that sits slightly high for perfectly steamed dumplings or veggies but still deep enough if you want to boil and strain the right amount of pasta at the same time. As for cleanup -- scrubbing the crust off my other frying pans was the bane of my existence. The Always Pan's non-toxic, non-stick ceramic coated surface makes cleaning dishes feel like a vacation!
Here are 8 features that make the Always Pan the real deal, and why it’s now my go-to kitchen tool of quarantine:
- Easy-pour spout for minimal dripping.
- A modular lid to let off steam when you want, and lock it in when you don’t.
- Heavy-gauge cast aluminum core for quick and even heat distribution for consistent and easy cooking.
- Proprietary non-stick free of PFOAS and PTFEs, performing at a level far above other ceramic non-stick coatings.
- A custom-designed stainless steel steamer basket is included with every Always Pan, and nests beautifully right into the pan, for easy steaming, boiling, and straining.
- Includes a wooden spatula that innovatively nests perfectly onto the handle, to avoid dirtying another plate, and removes the need for a spoon rest.
- The soft-touch knob and handle stay cool on the stovetop and are sized for a comfy grip.
- Comes in 4 unique colorways (find his favorite color: Spice, Char, Steam or Sage), and is stylish enough to serve out of the pan directly, or leave out on your stove or table proudly.
It’s as if a mad scientist did a focus group with millennial insta-inspired home cooks and birthed this creation from the heavens.
We have the “Spice” colorway but all 4 colors would look gorgeous on your range year-round. It’s a lot easier to consistently cook when you’re using great tools that make your life easier in the kitchen.
And it makes for the perfect gift -- it's on several of my friends' wishlists after seeing it in action at dinner parties at my house. The verdict: I'm sold and kinda sad such a beautiful (and functional) pan wasn't in my life sooner.
5 More Reasons To Love Our Place:
- They invest in ethical factories that provide supportive environments and compensations to their teams.
- They have hundreds of five-star reviews
- They've been featured in The New York Times, Bon Appetit, Vogue, Buzzfeed, O Magazine, Good Morning America, The Today Show, Purewow, Posugar, Business Insider and more
- Vogue shared in their article “Feels like a Steal: The Only Pan I’m Using to Cook at Home This Year”: “While a $145 pan might seem steep at first, this one feels like a steal because it essentially does the job of eight traditional pans, without the fuss or clutter of a traditional set.”
- The pan is so chic, it doubles as home decor.