Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. If you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Our editorial team is independent and only endorses products we believe in.
By now, I’ve established my love of (and discernment for) all things astrology. Whether I’m investigating the best gift to give a Gemini or texting with an astrologer on-demand, I’ve become The Quality Edit’s resident astrological fiend. So, when it came to checking out Birthdate Co.’s new fully personalized Birthdate Book, I was the reader for the job.
Do Judge This Book By Its Cover
The concept of The Birthdate Book is straightforward, but pretty remarkable nonetheless. After gathering your exact birthdate, time, and place, the book offers over seventy pages of personal horoscope readings and interpretation from Birthdate’s team of astrologists and writers, all beautifully bound in a fabric hardcover.
I was initially struck by the design of the book. Not only is the cover stamped with intricate gold foil illustrations, but it also displays my full name, date of birth, and natal chart. After opening the hardcover to reveal my complete chart, I noticed an even greater degree of customization, including my birthplace and each of my signs. These details don’t just feel personal: they are personal (as are the pages within). While it looks chic on my coffee table, the book is far more than just a decorative object.
A Read Like No Other (Really)
Beyond its dazzling cover, the Birthdate Book delves deeply not just into the placements of your unique birth or natal chart, but also takes care to explain what each component of a birth chart means. This makes the book a valuable read for novices and experts alike. It breaks up the natal chart into each star, tackling not only what, for example, a “Moon Sign” means (for those not aware: your interior emotional life and persona), but also what your particular placement, or Moon Sign, indicates.
As someone who has dedicated quite a bit of time to studying and understanding astrology, I was pleasantly surprised to still learn new things about my own natal chart in the Birthdate Book -- from my most compatible love matches to the nuances of my emotional patterns. I’ve found myself using it as a kind of reference manual -- one that looks great as a coffee table book, but that I can also flip to when I need a little wisdom for my daily life or future.
Fun details reveal themselves throughout, like beautiful illustrations personalized to the signs; pages that change color along with each component of the birth chart (blush pink pages for your Venus sign, which governs love and beauty, of course); a list of celebrities who share your same sign and date of birth; and a few pages for any personal notes you’d like to take at the end.
5 More Reasons To Love The Birthdate Book
- It makes the perfect -- truly one of a kind -- gift for the person in your life who has everything. Each book has an optional dedication page, so you can leave a custom note to make the gift that much more personal.
- Birthdate’s Instagram is full of the astrology content you need, from memes to photos that will inspire you to use your Birthdate Book as coffee table decor.
- Each book is made-to-order in the Northeast USA with a fabric-bound, foil-stamped hardcover -- it’s a top-quality book, from its production to the final product.
- Birthdate works with astrologers and talented writers to uncover the secrets of your every whim, talent, and unique personality trait (no algorithms here, just real professionals).
- Birthdate Co. also makes the Birthdate Candle, which combines astrology, numerology, and tarot to make another truly customizable gift we love.