Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. We may receive gifted products to review, and, if you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Our editorial team is independent and only endorses products we believe in.
- As featured in Vogue, WWD, Forbes, InStyle, Refinery29, and W Mag, Senreve was born when rising female professionals found themselves in search of the perfect luxury handbag.
- They pioneered the convertible luxury handbag with cult-favorite styles, all cleverly designed, transitioning between 3-4 ways to wear seamlessly, e.g., from a backpack to shoulder bag in seconds.
- Their iconic Maestra bag is available in three sizes, five leather materials, as well as a 100% vegan saffiano material, and 14 colors.
- Prices range from $675 for the mini to $895 for the largest, with certain premium finishes costing up to $975.
Throughout my adult life, I have always invested in a few luxury bags. I’m not much of a loudly branded bag gal; those white rainbow Louis Vuitton totes that are making a retro comeback? Not for me. My go-to is a classic and timeless Chloe or Celine that I wear over and over again. That said, with two kids and more expenses than ever, I felt there was room for a bag in my closet for a modern mom-friendly bag with the same high quality of the top traditional luxury brands, but with a more affordable price tag because of their direct-to-consumer model. The elegant Senreve gifted me their largest Maestra bag (which retails at $895) to take on a test spin, filling my dream-bag gap once and for all. But at nearly 900 dollars, could I get behind a product that lacked the heritage of traditional luxury brands? After it arrived on my doorstep, I was so excited to unbox it and find out. After weeks of wearing it, I can honestly say that its quality and versatility would be well worth the investment with my own money.
First, some background: Senreve is a brand launched in late2016 that is revolutionizing luxury by empowering the modern woman with beautiful and functional products. I first spotted the bag on my influencer friend Sophie Elkus who shared it on her Instagram. I was definitely intrigued then, but never really gave it much thought until more recently, when I saw their bags on basically every celebrity and influencers out there, including Angelina Jolie, Lady Gaga, Priyanka Chopra, Brie Larson, Kristin Bell, Aimee Song, Selma Blair, and Chiara Ferragni to name a few.
The name “Senreve” itself means “sense and dream” in French, marrying the idea that you can have a luxurious fantasy bag with the versatility of everyday use.
When I reached out to Senreve I learned that the founders of the company are two female entrepreneurs, which made their brand and products feel relatable: surely they understood what a modern woman like myself needs. They wanted to create handbags that would do it all and look great too. As a mom, an entrepreneur, and someone with five balls in the air at any given time, that really spoke to me. The name “Senreve” itself means “sense and dream” in French, marrying the idea that you can have a luxurious fantasy bag with the versatility of everyday use.
I also loved that Senreve was focused on ethical manufacturing and zero waste, disrupting the traditional practices of the luxury world including negative environmental impacts like the burning of products to control demand. (Case in point: According to BI, Burberry burned $37 million worth of goods in 2018 to stop them being stolen or sold at a discount).
I must admit--I’ve been genuinely surprised at how frequently I opted for my Senreve bag as my new go-to. I’ve sadly left my favorite Celine in the dust, as I keep coming back to the versatility, convenience, design, and functionality of my newly coveted Maestra. And it's no wonder: Senreve’s luxurious yet accessible bags are created by master artisans in the same factory used by luxury titans such as Fendi, Balenciaga, and Celine.
I must admit--I’ve been genuinely surprised at how frequently I opted for my Senreve bag as my new go-to. I’ve sadly left my favorite Celine in the dust, as I keep coming back to the versatility, convenience, design and functionality of my newly coveted Maestra.
These days, I’m not leaving the house nearly as much, but I do still run the occasional errand, pick up groceries, and take a few distanced meetings, and almost every day I’m choosing the Maestra bag--and yes, I wear it as a backpack often so that I can be hands-free. In the few times I have been out, I’ve been stopped by from people asking me where I got it.
A few of my favorite features:
- It’s available in three sizes, five leather finishes, and 14 colors. I have the large Chestnut pebbled bag (pictured above), which features a sleeve large enough to hold a 13-inch laptop with enough room to comfortably function as a diaper bag as well. They source only the finest materials for their stain-resistant bags - 100% full-grain leather and feature high-quality micro-suede interiors. My bag looks spotless even months after milk, baby food, and who knows what else has been spilled on it.
- The versatility and ease of the bag are incredible, instantly transforming from a backpack to satchel, tote, or crossbody. As a working mom with two kids under three, I can’t tell you how clutch (pardon the pun) it is to have both arms free for babies and all that comes with them.
- The interior of the bag features way more roominess and functionality than my bags of yesteryear, including side pockets for organization and a zippered top that ensures none of my precious items slip out.
The Maestra bag is the ultimate commuter and travel bag. I love that it fits my computer and a notebook and it’s so versatile I really don’t need to use any other bags besides a clutch for going out. The bag starts at $895 and offers a lifetime warranty--a welcome perk I can get behind.
If it’s within your budget, I love this bag and highly recommend making the investment. It ultimately comes out to 3-4 cheaper bags that won’t last you more than two years. It’s the only bag I use these days, and when I do it gets a ton of compliments, especially when worn as a backpack. It‘s the quality bag I’ve been looking for that I’ll still be carrying 10+ years from now, with the brand ethos and mission that I can actually get behind.
Discover Senreve for yourself here and use our exclusive discount code TQE25 for $25 off orders $150+.*
*Offer for new customers only