As a busy mom with two kids under three, I’ve always lived by this trifecta of a mantra: fast, convenient, and healthy. I’m the type of person that inspects the back of labels and looks under the hood of what I put in and on my body, but never did I stop to consider what was making my pans “non-stick”. When I learned that most nonstick pans are coated with polytetrafluoroethylene, also known as Teflon, which is toxic, I was on a mission to find a replacement.
And so when my friend mentioned she was hearing buzz about Our Place, the instagram famous and mission-driven kitchenware company that celebs and influencers love, I was intrigued. The tide of good press Our Place had gotten -- from the likes of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, Goop’s Gift Guide and Vogue -- tipped me over the edge from curiosity to action. After using this pan multiple times a day this year, I can honestly say that it lives up to the hype.
The Always Pan is a multi-functional patent-pending stovetop system designed to replace the clutter of a 16-piece cookware set with one innovative design that does it all. The Always Pan promises to be your new sauté pan, skillet, saucepan, steamer, saucier, non-stick pan, chili pot, and fryer, all-in-one. In all honesty, Our Place delivered on multiple levels -- reflecting a brand that spoke to my elevated sense of style while also delivering chef-like quality and functionality.
At $145, it's a fraction of the price of some of the luxury tier cookware on the market, especially when you factor in its versatility. I’ve used it for everything -- sautéing, frying, steaming, boiling and I swear it does it all flawlessly. My favorite feature is the steamer basket that sits slightly high for perfectly steamed dumplings or veggies but still deep enough if you want to boil and strain the right amount of pasta at the same time. As for cleanup -- scrubbing the crust off my other frying pans was the bane of my existence. The Always Pan's teflon free, non-stick ceramic coated surface makes cleaning dishes feel like a vacation!
• Easy-pour spout for minimal dripping.
• A modular lid to let off steam when you want, and lock it in when you don’t.
• Heavy-gauge cast aluminum core for quick and even heat distribution for consistent and easy cooking.
• Proprietary non-stick free of PFOAS and PTFEs, performing at a level far above other ceramic non-stick coatings.
• A custom-designed stainless steel steamer basket is included with every Always Pan, and nests beautifully right into the pan, for easy steaming, boiling, and straining.
• Includes a wooden spatula that innovatively nests perfectly onto the handle, to avoid dirtying another plate, and removes the need for a spoon rest.
• The soft-touch knob and handle stay cool on the stovetop and are sized for a comfy grip.
• Comes in 4 unique colorways (find his favorite color: Spice, Char, Steam or Sage), and is stylish enough to serve out of the pan directly, or leave out on your stove or table proudly.
It’s as if a mad scientist did a focus group with millennial insta-inspired home cooks and birthed this creation from the heavens.
We have the “Spice” colorway but all 4 colors would look gorgeous on your range year-round. It’s a lot easier to consistently cook when you’re using great tools that make your life easier in the kitchen.
And it makes for the perfect gift -- it's on several of my friends' wishlists after seeing it in action at dinner parties at my house. The verdict: I'm sold and kinda sad such a beautiful (and functional) pan wasn't in my life sooner.
• They invest in ethical factories that provide supportive environments and compensations to their teams.
• They have hundreds of five-star reviews
•They've been featured in The New York Times, Bon Appetit, Vogue, Buzzfeed, O Magazine, Good Morning America, The Today Show, Purewow, Posugar, Business Insider and more
• Vogue shared in their article “Feels like a Steal: The Only Pan I’m Using to Cook at Home This Year”: “While a $145 pan might seem steep at first, this one feels like a steal because it essentially does the job of eight traditional pans, without the fuss or clutter of a traditional set.”
• The pan is so chic, it doubles as home decor.
Our Place extended our readers an exclusive discount. Click here and use code GOODTASTE30 for $30 off The Always Pan!