Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. If you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Our editorial team is independent and only endorses products we believe in.
It is a glorious — but at the same time, confusing— time for skincare. While my regimen has never been better, it’s also growing increasingly harder to keep up with all the options. Which acid does my skin need: salicylic, azelaic, hyaluronic? Where does Vitamin C fit in? Do I really need to use retinol? And what about good old moisturizer — do I still save that for last?
Admittedly, skincare is one of my favorite hobbies. But as much as I love to try new products, I am very much a creature of habit — so when I find a product I like, I stick with it. Plus as someone who frequently travels and is often living out of a suitcase, it’s not always feasible to bring my entire lineup with me. Therefore, simplicity is always a priority when it comes to my skincare routine.
Meet the Brand Where Less is More
Enter Covey, the complete and total skincare line founded by supermodel Emily DiDonato and business guru Christina Uribe. Covey takes the guesswork, and confusion, out of figuring out which products you actually need to use for healthy, glowing skin. After years of trialing skincare products and still not finding an effective routine that worked for them, the duo decided to forge their own path and create a skincare line that focuses on simplicity, efficiency and high-quality ingredients.
That’s just what Covey has done. Their leading products, designed to be used together in an easy-to-follow order, cover all of the bases when it comes to keeping your skin healthy and hydrated. Not only is it simple, their dermatologist-backed efficiency means that it actually works. Whether you are just entering the skincare world or are a diehard enthusiast such as myself, Covey is a frontrunner when it comes to minimal but high quality products that check all of the boxes.
The Covey Experience
I was thrilled to try out their Level Up Face and Body Routine ($209), which consists of five holy grail products: the First of All Cleanser, Next Up Vitamin C Serum, Last But Not Least Moisturizer, Sleep Tight Bakuchiol Serum (my personal favorite, but we’ll get into that soon) and Last Drop Body Lotion.
While Covey does sell their products individually, they offer four different “routines,” which are essentially different combinations of their products depending on your goals, each adding on an additional product depending on what you need. Starting with…
1. The First of All Cleanser ($29 individually): Out of all of my skincare products, cleansers are typically what I am the least picky about. For better or for worse, I tend to not have a strong opinion, as long as it is “clean” and free of non-irritating ingredients. So I was satisfied but not totally surprised by my love of Covey’s First of All Cleanser. I have been using the cleanser both morning and night and have found it to be extremely hydrating. It feels nice and light on the skin, but still easily removes any makeup or dirt without leaving any sticky residue. As far as cleansers go, this one definitely gets my seal of approval.
2. Next Up Vitamin C Serum ($59 individually): Prior to sampling Covey, I had been using a dermatologist-made Vitamin C serum and moisturizer which I absolutely loved — so I was very curious to see how Covey's would compare. I can report that I was very happy with the results! The Vitamin C serum is a bit thinner than others I have used in the past, but it really is just as effective. In fact, Covey uses a THD Ascorbate form of Vitamin C that is fifty times more powerful than most serums on the market, and you can definitely tell the difference. A little goes a long way and I absolutely loved pairing it with the Last But Not Least Moisturizer.
3. Sleep Tight Bakuchiol Serum ($69 individually): Hands down, this was my favorite product in the line up. I am all for anything anti-aging, and I love that Covey uses Bakuchiol, a natural retinol alternative. I was thrilled about this, since retinol can be extremely irritating and drying for some sensitive skin types. The serum is only used in the evening and jam-packed with some of the finest skincare ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and tripeptides. It’s basically everything you want in one serum, thus adding to the simplicity and joy of using Covey to cover all of your bases.
4. Last But Not Least Moisturizer ($49 individually):. Most people want to walk away from their routine feeling fresh and hydrated, and finishing up with the Last But Not Least Moisturizer, both morning and night, will do just that. The moisturizer is a bit thinner than others (as it's water and oil-based), but similar to the Vitamin C serum, that doesn’t mean it isn't doing its job. Even in the cold winter months, I noticed that my skin still felt hydrated throughout the entire day — which is rarely the case. Plus, I love that it doubles as a daytime and nighttime moisturizer. It is a great way to seal in the whole skincare routine, but can definitely be used on its own when you’re in pinch!
5. Last Drop Body Lotion ($26 individually): The Level Up Face and Body Routine goes beyond facial skincare and has the added bonus of a body moisturizer. Although I do believe you’d be perfectly fine sticking with the facial routine, the Last Drop Body Lotion is a really lovely addition. Similar to the Last But Not Least Moisturizer, it is the perfect combination of a lightweight formula that still keeps the skin moisturized throughout the day. If total body hydration is your thing, I definitely recommend taking on the full Level Up Face and Body Routine for this addition alone.
Overall, Covey's products are everything that I was hoping they would be and more. It’s not always the case that I like an entire product line from the same company, but Covey has managed to master that feat. I thoroughly enjoyed the ritual of using the products together and in the order that they are intended, and will certainly continue on with my Covey routine — my other products will have to wait!
Five More Reasons to Love Covey
- The products come in extremely calming and aesthetically pleasing packaging, which is always an added bonus for your skincare shelf.
- For all of the animal lovers out there, the entire skincare line is cruelty-free and has not been tested on animals — which is not always the case for high-end skincare products.
- The products are fragrance free but still have a light, subtle smell that is clean and refreshing. Nothing too overwhelming for those who are sensitive to strong fragrances.
- It is women-founded and operated; what’s not to love about that?
- Each product is labeled and named in the order in which you use the product, which makes it super simple to follow, and again, takes the guesswork out of your skincare routine!
Give your skin the care it deserves at coveyskin.com!