Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the web’s best products. If you purchase through our links, we may receive a commission. Our editorial team is independent and only endorses products we believe in.
Many of us would agree that blankets made from merino sheep wool are comfortable and cozy. The benefits of merino wool include body temperature regulation, moisture-wicking, fire resistance, dust mite resistance, and hypoallergenic qualities.ﾠ
This month, Rumpl is shaking up the wool blanket industry with a fresh spin on the traditional wool blanket for your home as the brand enters this vertical for the very first time.
“Wool blankets don’t have to be itchy. The traditional itchy wool blanket is part of a boring, stagnant category that deserves a refresh. We are directly addressing this with the Merino SoftWool Blanket, an incredibly soft, itch-free blanket that adds style and function to the bedroom or living room,” explains Wylie Robinson, the CEO and founder of Rumpl.
Rumpl customers use phrases like “soft like buttah” and “so comfy” in their reviews, so I had no doubt the Merino SoftWool Blanket would be any different. (No surprise: they were right!)
But these blankets aren’t just soft and comfortable—they’re sustainably made, too. Rumpl’s core values are centered around creating responsibly sourced and environmentally-friendly products, and this new product is no different.
So Soft You Won’t Put It Down
What is it about Rumpl’s Merino SoftWool Blanket that makes it stand out in this particular category? Starting at $379, maybe it’s the 50% responsibly sourced Australian Merino wool and 50% organic cotton, creating the softest, high-quality, buttery feel that makes it near impossible to put this blanket down.
Plus: SoftWool blankets are available in three sizes and four colorways to fit any home decor theme or need, so you can use them to snuggle up on the couch or while you fall asleep in bed. (Trust me, it’s so good, you might need several for multiple rooms in your house!)
Pro tip: Grab a throw blanket for your upcoming hot-chocolate-fueled Netflix binges for the ultimate cozy experience this winter.
Made With The Environment In Mind
Rumpl understands the value and significance of creating eco-friendly products for you and your loved ones. Not only are materials responsibly sourced, but Rumpl also donates 1% of sales to environmental causes to offset the company's carbon footprint. Material expertise blends with sustainability so you can feel good about your investment while you sit snuggled up in it.
And while the wool blanket is for the indoors, Rumpl is known for its ability to create the perfect blanket for everywhere. The Original Puffy Blanket was also created with the environment in mind and is made from 100% post-consumer recycled polyester and insulation materials.ﾠ
Giving Back To Impactful Causes
Sure, it can be easy to speak to donating to causes that count, but the team at Rumpl practices what they preach. Rumpl openly shares its philosophy on giving and organizations the brand supports. Rumpl focuses on creating a cozier, more inclusive world and spreading the joy of the outdoors by giving to people. And the brand strives to offset its impact on the environment through sustainability.
Rumpl proudly supports 1% For the Planet, the High Fives Foundation, The Trevor Project, and additional local causes and issues.
My verdict: Rumpl’s new wool blankets exceed expectations across the board. They’re so soft, they’re sustainable and eco-friendly, and each blanket contributes to creating a more inclusive world for all.
Five More Reasons to Love Rumpl Blankets:
- They’re stylish and reversible. You can add a Rumpl blanket to any room in your home while matching your current aesthetic. And you don’t have to stick to one design forever; reverse the blanket when you’re ready for a refresh.
- There’s no itching involved. You can enjoy the irresistibly cozy wool material without walking away with irritated skin.
- You can use it as a bedspread. These blankets were designed with versatility in mind. With Throw, Queen, and King sizes available, you can upgrade your bedding to a bedspread you’ll enjoy year-round.
- Wool has natural qualities that fight against odors. Rumpl’s wool blankets naturally fight against odor-causing bacteria thanks to wool’s fabric properties. That means less laundry for you!
- Help make the world a better place while enjoying the buttery softness. You’ll get to enjoy a soft, buttery feel daily while you help make the world a better place. What more could you ask for?